Romance at the Bean
If you’re going to watch the fireworks at Navy Pier, read my tips to photograph them.
Read the first three days of my New Year’s Resolution series
If your photography is starting to feel like more of a job than a passion, here are some things that you may choose for a New Year’s Resolution. For more ideas, check out day 2 and day 3 of the series.
- Take photographs for yourself, not for others.
- Take a workshop or class to learn something for the enjoyment of learning.
- Enjoy getting new gear, but don’t let lack of gear keep you from getting out and taking amazing photos (it’s the photographer, not the gear.)
- Photograph things that you are passionate about.
- Photograph your family.
- Even if you don’t know what you want to photograph, get out there and bring your camera.
- Allow photography to let you go places and meet people who you wouldn’t have otherwise.
- Enjoy your photos that have great meaning to you even if they are out of focus and underexposed.
- Spend more time taking pictures than promoting them on social media.
Have a great end to the year and start of 2013.